Chainmail hood Alaric
The battle has lasted for three long days and the blood from both sides runs knee deep. You are exhausted and are unsure how much longer you can last when you see a break in the front lines. The enemy is making a last desperate push.
You are caught in front of their wave, and you feel the awful force of an enemy sword slash across your throat. Your Alaric Chainmail Hood stops the blade from cutting, buying you the time to fight back and slay your foe.
Epic Armoury's Alaric Chainmail Hood is a flexible mail armour coif made from linked steel rings. The mail covers the head, neck and shoulders. Each butted ring interlocks with four other rings in a 4-in-1 design.
The Alaric Chainmail is mail great for heavy medieval infantry and sergeants, as well as early knights. Wear it over one of our undercaps and add a Crusader, Norman or Spangen helmet on top for the most comfort and authentic wear. Pair this armour with additional Epic Armoury metal works and clothing to fit your character’s needs.
This product can have slight deviations in pattern, colours and shape.
- One of the oldest types of armour in the world, still used today in modern protective technologies to protect against slashing
- Introduced in the 4th century B.C. around the famous battle between the Greeks and Persians at Thermopylae
- Popular in Roman and early medieval ages by infantry and early knights
- Made from mild steel.
- Butted rings are interlocked in a 4-in-1 design.
- Armpits are reinforced with riveted rings.
- Chemically coloured steel.
- Epic Armoury
- Mild Steel
- Chainmail Hood
|Reference||Combination name||Quantity (3)||Availability||Price||Add to cart|