You look upon your leading officer as he makes his way down the line of your fellow soldiers. Your fate and the fate of your entire unit is dependent on this veteran’s word, and you find yourself relieved not to shoulder such a heavy burden.
“We must fight!” your officer shouts for all to hear. You adjust your Floating Knee armour, double checking the buckles as you listen to him continue. “For our homes and for our families, we will fight until we can fight no more!” With a resounding cheer, your fellow soldiers ready themselves for the charge. You withdraw your weapon, eager and afraid all at once.
The battle has begun.
Epic Armoury’s Floating Knees are a pair of poleyns designed to protect the knees from pesky arrows. Sculpted to provide the most protection to the entire knee--including the sides and the top of the shins--you can depend on this armour to keep you up on your feet. Overlapping plates provide comfort and flexibility, allowing great mobility on the battlefield.
Two leather straps are used to keep each of the Floating Knees in place. Made of 1 mm mild steel and top-grain leather straps and fittings, these armour pieces are built to withstand the abuse of a LARP or reenactment with regular leather and metal armour care.
This product can have slight deviations in pattern, colours and shape.
- Knee armour is considered one of the earliest form of plate armour to be developed.
- Gothic style during the late 15th century developed the additional projection to protect the side of the knee.
- Made from 1mm/19 gauge thick mild steel.
- Rolled edges with no sharp edges.
- Straps and fittings made from top-grain leather.
- Hand made, welded pieces for maximum durability.
- Epic Armoury
- Mild Steel
- One size
- Leg Protection
|Reference||Combination name||Availability in store||Availability at manufacturer||Price||Add to cart|